[Mnbird] Fwd: Bobolinks

Pamela Brustman gleskarider at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 23:53:51 CDT 2021

That is a wonderful sighting! Let's hope that they keep coming back, and
that their young do also.
It is always uplifting and encouraging to hear about birds showing up in
places they have been before but not seen for awhile.
It somehow eases the sadness of hearing or knowing that others are
declining. (Not that a single instance of a nesting means that a general
decline is reversed
or not happening, but it does at least give one hope. )

I am curious what the drought is doing to our feathered friends. How it
impacts them. Some might find it easier to find insects, perhaps. But
others might find it more difficult to find food and
later, fruit may likely be impacted.
And of course, all things need water to live.
The pot holes, those that are left, dry up. The small ponds do too, or
shrink to mud and algae.
Rivers are pulling from their banks.

I am truly hoping for the rain we may get tomorrow.
May it drench us all.

Good birding, all.
Pamela
Wright county.
St Michael
- Pamela
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to
accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Unknown

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
― Aldo Leopold
I am one who cannot.