[Mnbird] Crow Behavior

Pamela Brustman gleskarider at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 15:19:59 CDT 2020

And yet, they keep on doing it. So, they must be rewarded for doing it
somehow, or they would quit, wouldn't they?
I would guess that they remember at least some of the hiding spots, or find
someone elses?
There are a lot, apparently, of feathered and furred critters hiding
morsels out there!

I have a phalanx of jays here, and I have not seen them doing this behavior
yet. I have plenty of acorns, or did, they are all eaten or buried by  now.
And I feed a mix that includes peanuts.
Never seen it. But I sure will keep an eye out for it.
I have seen and heard them mimic a hawk to scare away other birds and
squirrels and then swoop in to enjoy the feeder without bother from
competition.
I was fooled the first time too, until I figured out where it was coming
from.
The corvids are smart birds. Malign them as we might, they are complex and
work together for the common good of all, taking turns, some of them use
tools, and they can learn.
Which, you know, is better than some humans seem to be able to do!

- Pamela
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to
accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Unknown

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
― Aldo Leopold
I am one who cannot.