[Mnbird] red headed woodpecke

John Hamer johndhamer at outlook.com
Sun Jul 2 17:05:47 CDT 2017

My computer has been down for a while. On Mothers Day this year I had a woodpecker come to my sunflower seed feeder which is about 5 feet from my window.  I caught a flash of color land on the feeder and first I thought; wow that red bellied woodpecker really colored up this spring but when I got a good look at it it was a red headed woodpecker.  First one at my feeders in 27 years.  I watched this bird pick up a seed fly about 20 feet to a basswood tree to crack and eat it from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM.  Never saw him again.  What a treat.

John Hamer