[Mnbird] Binoculars

Richard Carlson rccarl at pacbell.net
Fri May 15 11:43:30 CDT 2015

 The bird Roger can't ID with his Monarchs because it's too far away, will show all its field marks to me with my Leica 10X50 Ultravids.  Just do some comparison viewing and buy the best you can afford.  Nothing's more frustrating than not seeing a beautiful well when everyone else is raving about it.  Good binoculars last forever.  After 10 years, I figure my $2,000 Ultravids have cost me a penny a bird.
Glad Minnesota has so many migrants now.  It's snowing here at Tahoe and my yard Dusky Grouse and Mountain Quail are still hiding.
Richard Carlson
Full-time Birder, Biker and Rotarian
Part-time Economist
Tucson, AZ & Lake Tahoe, CA