[Mnbird] Ferhnglässer

Mark Boenish 88mm at tds.net
Fri May 15 11:50:23 CDT 2015

I have to put in a word for the Swarovski EL binoculars as others have expressed some disrespect for these fine instruments. These are simply optically the best binoculars on the market at the present time. A similar amount of money can buy you very nearly as good of a product from Zeiss or Leica, significantly less money will buy you a solid product from Meopta, a modest amount of money will buy you binocs that will get the job done from a variety of makers.

Personally, I worked my way up over the decades from inexpensive Bushnell 7x50s to Bausch and Laumb 7x50s to Zeiss 7x50s to Swarovski 10x32 ELs about ten years ago. There is a difference as you work your way up the price range. I just had my eyes examined and was delighted to learn that my 53 year old eyes are still 20/20 with no sign of eye disease (this was a concern as glaucoma runs in my family). I celebrated by ordering Swarovski EL 10x50s. They should be arriving this afternoon! I have tried these out several times and they are the bomb for long range raptor viewing. Almost magical. If you don't believe me check out these reviews:

http://www.allbinos.com/251-binoculars_review-Swarovski_EL_8.5x42_Swarovision.html

http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/Swarovski10x32ELSwarovision-116.htm