[Mnbird] White-throated Sparrow, Dakota Co

Miller Johnson johnson-miller at msn.com
Fri Feb 2 15:50:58 CST 2024

I've had a White-throated Sparrow here all winter. It hangs out with a dozen or more juncos, which I'm assuming have been showing it "the way." As the winter has continued, it also started coming in at dusk with the cardinals. Most of the juncos had disappeared with the warm weather, but about 25 juncos just came in and the WTSP was with them!

We've had a young Sharp-shinned Hawk and an adult Cooper's hunting on our property this winter, so I've had some nervous moments, always anxious to see if the White-throated Sparrow reappears after their visits. So far so good. Knock on wood.

Molly Jo Miller
Inver Grove Ht
Dakota Co