[Mnbird] Clark's Grebe, L. Byllesby

linda whyte birds at moosewoods.us
Thu Apr 13 21:43:30 CDT 2023

Seen this afternoon from the public boat ramp that is on the south shore.
It was diving actively between mid-lake and the north shore. Rob spotted it
with binoculars, and the scope helped nail the ID.
I couldn't refind the Eared Grebe from yesterday, but the great mix of
ducks remained, along with Pelicans, Yellowlegs, etc. Despite the Cannon's
current, there's plenty of mudflat.
There was one flyover Sandhill Crane headed south that we didn't locate on
ground;  also an E. Meadowlark calling from the south field of the
Industrial Park. (The remainder of the "park" is a "paradise paved-over".)
Good birding to all.
Linda Whyte