[Mnbird] Broad-winged Hawks

carol schumacher birdminn at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 12:18:22 CDT 2021

Paul, a few neighbors and I watched a kettle of 40+ Broad-wings fly low over our house 11:40AM. An adult Bald Eagle and a few Sharp-Shins joined.

Over the years i have conducted a few formal counts along the River but never hit pat dirt. Of course Hawk Ridge is Minnesota’s place to see high numbers. But Veracruz Mexico is where eastern US birds funnel. Take a lifetime opportunity to see, really see, a fabulous migration. I long to go back for 5th time. On the list!

Carol Schumacher
Winona MN on the bluffs above the Mississippi