[Mnbird] flickers

Susan Kennedy smkennedy_mn at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 13:04:49 CST 2021

I have lived in SW Mpls. near the Lakewood Cemetery for 43 years, and for the first time I can remember I have a group (family?) of 4 or 5 flickers that visit my heated birdbath.  When they fly away, I see yellow, so I suppose that makes them northern yellow-shafted ones. They are very friendly with each other, and at least 1 is a male. And for another first, I had a Pileated woodpecker visit my sunflower heart feeder, even though he was bigger than the feeder.
Susan Kennedy