[Mnbird] WT Sparrows

Tami Vogel tvogel at wrcmn.org
Mon Apr 26 10:33:34 CDT 2021

FOYs in our yard this morning.

According to my forsythia, they're several days late, lol.

Every year they perch in a forsythia right by one of our windows. I'm always stunned by the perfect coordination of the bright yellow flowers with the birds' yellow lores.

Lazy birds resulted in no pairing this year. Sheesh.

Of course it could be the forsythia's fault. Will have to look at my phenology to accurately place blame.

Still a small handful of juncos around but the massive group has departed for colder climes.

And not a single yellow-rumped which is so odd for our yard.

In any event, welcome to Afton WTs!

 - Tami in Afton