[Mnbird] Questions about western grebes

Richard Schroeder avsaxman at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 16:00:11 CDT 2021

 This can be a starting resource for that person:
https://www.lakeosakismn.com/birding/

Rick SchroederIn the Little Red HouseIn the Saginaw Wood

    On Thursday, April 15, 2021, 03:38:00 PM CDT, Valerie Cunningham via Mnbird <mnbird at lists.mnbird.net> wrote:

 Hello, Minnesota Birders:
I’ve received a series of questions about viewing western grebes on Lake Osakis.
but I'm so far away that I can’t answer whether this species is on the lake,
whether it is performing courtship dances and if so, how long this will
continue. Plus, how long should someone remain in the area to try to see
such sights and what part of the lake is best for viewing, etc.

Can anyone provideve amswers to this person who really wants to
see the grebes? If you sentme your e-mail address, I could send it
along to the questioner, or vice versa, if you prefer.
Thanks much,
Val Cunningham
St. Paul