[Mnbird] FOY for me

Kim Wilcox wilco001 at umn.edu
Thu Apr 1 19:24:16 CDT 2021

Today I was delighted to see a GBH flying over Queens Ave. NE in Otsego
while we were walking the dog. I assume it was coming from the rookery
along the Dayton River Road, west of the intersection with 70th St. NE. We
had checked there on Monday but didn't see any birds. (BTW, there is an
eagle's nest just east of the rookery with an eagle in residence.)

I also spotted a pair of buffleheads, a pair of hooded mergansers, and a
pair of mallards on the pond on the west side of Queens today. The
buffleheads were FOY, and I had seen the hoodies a few days ago.

And just to add to my delight, when we got back home, I heard chorus frogs
singing in the wetlands behind our yard! Spring is surely here. 😊

Best,

Kim