[Mnbird] Crow Behavior

Brian and Cindy Drill bcdrill at charter.net
Sat Oct 24 15:19:47 CDT 2020

Good afternoon--

While I have certainly seen crows interacting enough in my neighborhood,
I witnessed something this afternoon I do not recall seeing before.  A
crow dropped into my front yard with something in its beak (we have a
neighbor who apparently tosses all old bread out for the birds, I have
had squirrels stash entire hot dog buns in the carport rafters).  The
crow set the object down on the ground, then pounded into the soil with
its bill until it had made a hole.  It then placed its item into the
hole, tucking it in a time or two, and then walked around in a small
area collecting leaves off the ground and returning to conceal its
larder with the leaves.  It was quite a show.  Maybe I have to stop
blaming squirrels for every random thing that pops up in my yard?  Cindy
in North Mankato