[Mnbird] Pine Siskins - Cass County

Tami Vogel tvogel at wrcmn.org
Sun Oct 18 12:08:00 CDT 2020

We're at our cabin near Nisswa and went through a 50# bag of chips and a 30# Nyjer this past week. I stopped counting the siskin horde at 120 birds...

So fun to see these hyper little guys. Last year we had two, lol.

Juvenile loons are still on the lakes w a random pied-billed grebe here and there. Purple finches left on Friday.

Sadly no coots. We used to see massive flocks of them as they stopped over. Been three years now since we've seen the big flocks (80+ birds).

Happy chilly birding!

 - Tami (usually in Afton)