[Mnbird] Wreath and house finches

DONALD GRUSSING Owner cdrussin at centurylink.net
Mon Nov 23 16:58:43 CST 2020

Just hung a holiday wreath on my shed. It is in a nice protected spot beneath the eves. By mid-morning the next day four house finches were flying around it and prowling through it. Many will spend every winter evening there in a cozy and protected spot. And if they repeat history, next spring a nest will be woven and a family raised as the needles turn yellow and brown and the red ribbon fades. And the neighbors will wonder why I am too lazy to take it down.

Don Grussing
Minnetonka