[Mnbird] So many catbirds, yet not enough

Al Batt snoeowl at aol.com
Wed May 20 21:29:02 CDT 2020

  I listened to a Rose-breasted Grosbeak, a Brown Thrasher and  a Baltimore Oriole sing in my yard. Their blissful voices blended pleasantly. The first thought that found my brain was "The Chad Mitchell Trio." I'm not sure why that was. I don't remember a year of so many Indigo Buntings and Gray Catbirds. A friend was so excited with what she saw outside her window, she phoned me and exclaimed, "I saw an Indigo Catbird!" I liked the image that pushed aside The Chad Mitchell Trio in my mind.

Al Batt
Freeborn County