[Mnbird] Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge & Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter - Field Trips and trail update - 3/20/2020

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Fri Mar 20 20:17:00 CDT 2020

3/20/2020

For those interested in birding at the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, the trails at the Bass Ponds and Old Cedar are snow free and Long Meadow Lake is about 1/2 open.  On a walk at the Bass Ponds this morning I observed around 9 species of Waterfowl, with some large flocks of Diving Ducks and there was also a Belted Kingfisher and a Brown Creeper observed there.

MVNWR & MRVAC - Field trips
Closure's and Cancelations

In an effort to follow the CDC health official guidelines, I have canceled all of the field trips that I am scheduled to lead until April 14th.  At that time I will determine how to proceed with field trips I am scheduled lead after that date.

The Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge has closed both visitor Centers to the public, but all trails are open from sunrise to sunset.  Please check the Refuge web site or the Refuge Facebook page for updates on trail conditions and updates on the visitor center closures and updates on programs at the Minnesota Valley NWR.

The Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter is in the process of upgrading their web site, so unfortunately there is no current updates on MRVAC field trips there at this time.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about these walks or birding on the MVNWR.

Thank you, Craig

Craig Mandel
EgretCMan at msn.com
952-240-7647