[Mnbird] Maplewood Nature Center

JBrophy jb at inet-serv.com
Sun Jun 21 11:16:13 CDT 2020

 Forwarded Message -----
From: Friends of Maplewood Nature <maplewoodnature at gmail.com>
Subject: ALERT: Maplewood Nature Center Closing

Greetings fellow advocate of Maplewood Nature Center,

We write today to share the upsetting news that the City of Maplewood
has closed the Maplewood Nature Center indefinitely and permanently
laid off all MNC staff. Please see the official announcement below
that was sent to volunteers and stakeholders by Melinda Coleman, City
Manager.

As a loyal advocate and supporter who truly understands the value of
the Maplewood Nature Center and Preserves, we invite you to contact
the City of Maplewood Mayor and City Council  and/or the Maplewood
Parks & Recreation Commission and the Environmental and Natural
Resource Commission to express your thoughts about this action and the
impact it will have on the regional community. We are encouraged by
this recent letter to the editor and articleabout the closing in the
Star Tribune.

The Friends board is currently working on next steps and will send
more information soon. If you are interested in supporting advocacy
efforts, please let us know by replying to this email. Thank you to
those who have already reached out and taken action to advocate for
MNC.

Thank you for your meaningful support of the Friends and the Maplewood
Nature Center.

With appreciation,

Friends of Maplewood Nature Board of Trustees