[Mnbird] Blue-winged/Golden-winged Warbler hybrid, Murphy Hanrehan Park, Scott C

linda whyte birds at moosewoods.us
Mon Jun 1 22:00:28 CDT 2020

Along the stretch of trail between markers 15 and 13, in listening
(unsuccessfully) for the
Summer Tanager, I heard what seemed to be the call of a Golden-winged
Warbler---a clear "bee-buzz-buzz". As I got closer to the source, it became
apparent that while the song itself was a match, the voice was not; it was
slightly lower in pitch, and more robust.
When I was able to see the bird, it proved to have the overall appearance
of a Blue-winged Warbler, much yellow, with some darker plumage not typical
of the species. It was definitely singing the Golden's song, however---I
watched as it sang---so it would seem to be a Lawrence's hybrid.
Linda Whyte