[Mnbird] hot spots in Scandinavia?

Richard Carlson rccarl at pacbell.net
Sat Jan 11 12:18:32 CST 2020

If you are on a tour, you might be limited to major cities, which means head for the local parks. If you have options, the farther north the better. If you can get away from Stockholm, Hjalstaviken Nature reserve is about 30 miles SW of Uppsala.  It’s a big marsh plus woods with lots of birds. I hiked around the whole lake in July of 2018; 6.5 miles, 3.5 hrs for a spry 75 year old. You’ll have to rent a car to get there.
Wherever you are going, use the Birdseye app to checkout local hotspots.  The Scandinavians are really good about using ebird, so there’s lots of data.

Richard Carlson
Still from Minnesota, temporarily absent since 1960
Full time birder, part time economist
Tucson & Lake Tahoe
Sent from my iPad