[Mnbird] Watonwan County - 8/21/2020

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Sat Aug 22 09:59:11 CDT 2020

August 21, 2020

I was able to spend the afternoon birding in Watonwan county and found lots of migrants.  The locations I spent time at included the 320th St marsh, Eagles Nest county park, Fedje Lake and the Bergdahl WMA.  There is also a small flooded area of a field along CR 15, just North of the town of Madelia that had a few Shorebirds.  Complete checklists are available on the EBird web site for each location.

Here are a few of the highlights:
Blue-winged Teal - Adult bird with 4 young.

CR 15 pond - Baird's, Least and Semipalmated Sandpiper

Alder Flycatcher - Bergdahl WMA, this bird was observed and heard.

All 5 species of Swallow and some Purple Martins - Swallows were observed migrating throughout the area I covered.

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher

13 species of Warbler - Including Ovenbird, Northern Waterthrush, Black-and-white, Tennessee, Nashville, Magnolia, Blackburnian, Yellow, Chestnut-sided, Blackpoll and Canada Warblers.

Craig Mandel
EgretCMan at msn.com