[Mnbird] Coopers Hawks

Brian and Cindy Drill bcdrill at charter.net
Sat Apr 25 15:54:37 CDT 2020

Good afternoon!  A few times in the last week my husband and I had seen
a pair of Coopers doing lazy circles over the area, at least once being
hazed by crows.  Today I was doing a little transplanting of perennials
and heard a hawk call out just as the rain was starting.  I happened to
look at the right spot, and discovered they have a nest on our block.
It is on the opposite side from us, and almost at the opposite end of
the street, but until the leaves fill in I can get a look at it from the
back of our yard.  Something new to keep my eye on!  Funny but true--I
have a Nanday Conure, and he does an imitation of a person laughing that
sounds identical to the Coopers call! Cindy in North Mankato