[Mnbird] Fall is in the Air

Pamela Freeman gleskarider at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 16:18:58 CDT 2019

An anole! How fun, but yes, how tragic, unless he or she does allow
themselves to be caught. But perhaps that would be more tragic, to be then
imprisoned.
We always assume life, the continuation of living, is the highest state to
attain, but I think for many wild things, and some of us who just assume
wildness, freedom is a higher state than mere living.

In my Oak Grove, Anoka county yard and garden I have been watching the
leaving of summer's colorful birds as well. It made me wonder if the trees,
having to say goodbye to the colorful birds of summer, in missing them,
shed their green so as to become enrobed in the colors of the birds they
miss.  And so we have autumn's colors.

I have been enjoying a small flock of zipping and darting dashingly cute
Nashville warblers in fall plumage. They are dainty and darling birds. i
love them.
They seem to find much to dine on in amongst the tangle of foliage of the
zinnias and cosmos.
They have stuck around now for nearly a week.

Every night for the last couple of weeks or so we hear swans softly
trumpeting  as if muted from our pond. Now and then we hear cranes, always
announcing their arrival and leave taking. As do the geese who must
announce the arrival of any and all and even those who are merely flying
over and may be suspect arrivals. All must be announced and alarms sounded
with much head bobbing.

The swans, when the leave, do not shout out their leaving, but we know,
never the less, because of the great plashing as their wings powerfully
beat the water in their lift off.

- Pamela
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to
accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Unknown

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
― Aldo Leopold
I am one who cannot.