[Mnbird] Hepatic Tanager - Wright county.

Mark Boenish 88mm at tds.net
Fri May 24 09:24:26 CDT 2019

I know they are not supposed to be here but It sure looks like a male hepatic Tanager feeding on the ground under our feeders. My wife and I have both observed it reapetedly thru our binoculars from 30-60 feet away with the Sibley guide book open for reference.  Red - orange on crown and throat, dusky auriculars, dusky back and wings. Larger head and larger dark grey bill then a scarlet tanager. We are just north of Winsted, MN on the Mcleod - Wright county line. Could this be something the storms blew in?

Mark Boenish