[Mnbird] Jealous

Brian and Cindy bcdrill at charter.net
Thu May 23 08:28:52 CDT 2019

My husband has been bragging that he finally saw a male RB grosbeak
drinking at the fountain, while I have seen only females in the yard
thus far.  He went on and on about how beautiful it was, so red (?).
This morning I showed him a photo from a friend, showing the grosbeaks
there, and he told me that was not the bird he had seen.  After
additional description, I showed him a different photo--bingo!!  He had
seen a male scarlet tanager!! That would have been a new yard bird for me!

Meanwhile, we do have a pair of Orioles visiting frequently. This
morning I had a couple of Kinglets come in for a bath in the low
fountain, and there is a Swainsons thrush also hanging about. Cindy in
North Mankato

---