[Mnbird] Crosby Farm Park, Ramsey C., 5/7

linda whyte birds at moosewoods.us
Wed May 8 07:51:33 CDT 2019

Eleven intrepid hikers birded the flooded west end of the the park
yesterday morning, despite its official "closed" status; all managed to
find parking on the side of the hill leading down to the marina.
Collectively, we had a respectable list of species, thanks to everyone's
eyes, ears, and verbal directions, though not all birds were seen by all of
us. (I see by another report, that if we had ventured closer to the flooded
path by the lake, we might have added  Rusty Blackbird ...darn !) That
said, many had good looks at some species, Northern Waterthrush ,
especially. One that many heard, but no one saw, was the Black-throated
Green Warbler, despite its close approach over the flooded area.
In any case, here's the list, with apologies if I missed anyone's sighting:

Warblers--
Black-and-white
Nashville
Yellow
Palm
Myrtle
Black-throated Green
Oven
N. Waterthrush
Am. Redstart

Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (heard)
White-throated Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Red-winged Blackbird
Brown-headed Cowbird
Am. Robin
Am. Crow
Bluejay
N. Cardinal.
House Wren
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker
Black-capped Chickadee
White-breasted Nuthatch
Brown Creeper
Great Egret
Great Blue Heron
Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Mallard

Thanks to all who came, and apologies to those who heeded the late-posted
"cancellation due to flooding". Never underestimnate the power of birds and
birders.
Linda Whyte