[Mnbird] Eastern Bluebirds Minneapolis

Rick Pertile mugzy1960 at msn.com
Thu Feb 14 09:40:34 CST 2019

________________________________
From: Rick Pertile
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 4:27:38 PM
To: MNBird
Subject: Eastern Bluebirds Minneapolis

I have 4 eastern bluebirds overwintering at my home in Minneapolis.  They appeared in mid-November and have been coming to my feeders ever since.

I believe it is the pair that nested in my yard this summer, and possibly two of their young?  They certainly knew their "dinner whistle" when they first showed up, something I called them in with during the summer when feeding mealworms.

Here is a link to ebird with a few pictures I was able to catch of the 3.  The other male was camera shy for the group, but gave me a decent close up while feeding.

Rick Pertile
Bryn Mawr meadows area in Minneapolis

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51943550