[Mnbird] Flying plankton

Al Batt snoeowl at aol.com
Mon Aug 26 10:46:23 CDT 2019

  I sat on the deck on a late August evening and watched. Psalms reminds me to be still and know. A field cricket, nearly as black as a crow, moved past me. The sky over the yard was filled with hunters. Dragonflies flew the lowest, swallows filled the middle lane and common nighthawks took the highest sky road. What brought these mighty Nimrods to my neck of the woods? In the Bible, Nimrod was a mighty hunter. They were feasting upon swarms of what I've heard referred to as flying plankton — ant swarms.

Al Batt
Your Hartland correspondent
Freeborn County