[Mnbird] woodies

DONALD GRUSSING Owner cdrussin at centurylink.net
Thu Apr 11 14:32:12 CDT 2019

In spite of the weather, a female wood duck is laying eggs in a house in my back yard. The drake usually waits for her in the trees. Today, however, it must have been too uncomfortable as after a few minutes he flew to the ground and just sat there in the snow until she signaled that it was time to go. I hope the eggs do not freeze. Last year the house had two unhatched wood duck eggs, plus one hooded merganser egg that did not hatch. Similar weather. However, many ducklings fledged.

Got some niger seed out there on the ground for the many juncos looking for something to eat.

Don Grussing
Minnetonka