[Mnbird] Hadley Lake Report

Peter L Gilles gilles_peter_l at msn.com
Fri Oct 5 20:21:53 CDT 2018

I have had a pair of Red Breasted Nuthatches at my feeders the last three days -- so petite and so striking.

A few White throated Sparrows too.

Papa Cardinal is still feeding a late Summer brood of two.  I have seen more Cardinals in the last two weeks than I had all Summer -- I hope this signifies an overall recovery

A solitary Flicker sampled one of  my dying Aspen.

A flock (10 to 12) of late migrating Robins searched my front yard for a morsel just after the cold snap.  Several found their way to the back porch and the water dish.

I saw several Fall warblers, but there is still a lot of foliage and the views too fleeting to even hazard a guess.