[Mnbird] Wasps

DONALD GRUSSING Owner cdrussin at centurylink.net
Mon Oct 1 14:26:32 CDT 2018

While cleaning up my feeders for the upcoming season yesterday I had a rude surprise. A good sized, active wasp nest underneath the removable roof. Luckily the wasps were slow, thanks to the cold, and I was able to avoid being stung. First time that has happened, though I have had wasp nests in bird houses, a bumble bee "hive" in a bluebird house, and a bee hive in a wood duck house. The bees did not last through the winter, but sure made a sticky mess of the inside of the house. Had to remove it and replace it.

Don Grussing
Minnetonka