[Mnbird] grouse

Raymond Faber RFABER at smumn.edu
Fri Nov 30 21:40:38 CST 2018

 I came home early this afternoon, nursing a cold.  At about 4 pm, there
was a loud crash from a bedroom.  I assumed that the cat had destroyed
something as it usually does and didn't bother to investigate.  My wife
Lola came home a few minutes later, went into the room, and screamed that
the window had exploded.  Glass was strewn halfway across the room.  She
started carefully picking up glass shards while I started cutting cardboard
to seal up the opening.  After a few minutes she screamed again that there
was a grouse in the room!  Yes, indeed, a grouse was perched in the back of
the room on a shelf.  I carefully approached and was able to grab it.  I
held it firmly to restrain the wings and started to move it outside after a
couple of photos.  But then it collapsed and could not be recovered even
with heart massage.  Sometimes birds die of stress just in  handling.  Seen
it all now!

Ray Faber

--
Raymond A. Faber, Ph.D.