[Mnbird] Prior Lake

Roger Schmidt priorlaker at icloud.com
Thu Jul 5 10:32:37 CDT 2018

I had a first ever sighting of a Western Kingbird on my deck.  What a beautiful bird. I have those green metal arms that clamp to the deck rail to hang feeders on. To make them more hospitable for the birds, I find like length or longer dead branches and zip tie them to the hooked arms. I'm sure the birds love them. It was on one of these the Kingbird was perched. It was morning feeding time, so those branches/feeders were were abuzz with activity. I suspect it was curious about all the activity.

I'm hoping to see it again while sitting on the deck with my Canon outfitted with my birding lens.

Can anyone identify this bird at my peanut dish??
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7d_ef/29120673898

Sent from my iPad