[Mnbird] L. Byllesby, Great Western Industrial Park today

linda whyte birds at moosewoods.us
Sun Apr 22 18:46:17 CDT 2018

While the lake lacked the numbers and some of the diversity of yesterday,
it was still worth a look. After finally seeing the pair of Red-necked
Grebes, we were treated to some possible breeding behavior on their part.
Our thanks goes to Ron Erpelding for pointing out what seemed to be the
gathering and offering of nesting materials. The activity was concentrated
around a small branch lying horizontal in the water, near an ice edge at
the east bay; not easy to see without a good scope.
At Great Western, we had excellent looks at a Sora foraging in the pond
behind the church. It was sharing the close end of the pond, near the row
of shrubs, with a Solitary Sandpiper.
Linda Whyte