[Mnbird] Snowstorm birds

Pamela Freeman gleskarider at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:46:46 CDT 2018

No redpolls at my feeders, nor yellow rumps. I am in Anoka county, Oak
Grove.
I did get at least two male house finches and a song sparrow yesterday and
an unknown number of tree sparrows, at least a half dozen. Many fox
sparrows. Many many many many many many juncos.
And the usual chickadees, nuthatches, hairy, downy, and red breasted wood
peckers. We often see pileated, as well, but haven't seen them for a couple
of weeks.
We also had pheasants, two hens and a rooster. Oh, and a lot of blue jays
and red winged black birds.
Hoping to see some more of the returning warm weather birds soon. But maybe
they should hold off until food is available. I don't see many insects
being around right now...
Though, some trees are beginning to look like they want to bloom, silver
maples and elms, for instance.
I saw some pussy willows on Friday starting to come out, also.

​

- Pamela
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to
accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Unknown

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
― Aldo Leopold
I am one who cannot.