[Mnbird] not quite MN but...

Jim Harkness jimharkness at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 20:42:40 CDT 2017

We went to Madeline Island, WI for the weekend of the Chequamegon Bay Birding and Nature Festival, and despite the rain and cold saw 17 spp of warblers. We did NOT see the crazy bird of the weekend, a Lewis' Woodpecker spotted at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, but we did spot a Northern Mockingbird at Joni's Beach on Madeline Island.We weren't formally registered at the festival but we will be next year. This is a really great time to visit and bird one of the most beautiful places in the Upper Midwest! (ie NO bugs yet) They have a huge slate of birding activities for all skill levels, plus dozens of other nature walks, lectures, films and kid-friendly activities.