[Mnbird] Swainson's Thrushes, St. Paul

linda whyte birds at moosewoods.us
Thu May 18 13:28:37 CDT 2017

For the third day in a row, Swainson's Thrushes have been hanging out in
our urban yard. They may or may not be the same individuals, but it has
been delightful to hear them calling in the early hours. They seem to be
"making the rounds", appearing in both the backyard, with its plum tree,
and the front, with its conifer and Silver Maples, periodically. Perhaps
they're attracted to a "buggy" yard-mix of grasses and weeds, many of which
give the appearance of plants we see further north; or perhaps they're
following the lead of our resident Robins, Chickadees, and woodpeckers, who
find an abundance of food here. We wish them safe travels, but we're glad
they've lingered.

Linda Whyte