[Mnbird] Hennepin County - MVNWR - Bloomington Visitor Center - May 7, 2017 - Field trip Report

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Sun May 7 13:12:28 CDT 2017

5/7/17

Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge
Bloomington Visitor Center Trailhead
8 - 10:00 am
Field trip Report

Lots of birds were moving through in the trees along the hillside trail.  Mainly Yellow-rumped Warblers, but we did see a couple Black-and-white, Orange-crowned, Palm and a Yellow Warbler there as well.  Here are a few of the species observed by our group:

Wood Duck

Blue-winged Teal
Green-winged Teal
Ring-necked Duck
Virginia Rails - Heard only
Sora - Heard only
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
House Wren
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Brown Thrasher
Black-and-white Warbler
Orange-crowned Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Palm Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
White-crowned Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
Baltimore Oriole

 Note a complete list of the birds observed on our walk can be found on the EBird Web site.

Here are the dates of some upcoming MNWR bird walks.  The walks begin at 8:00 am and there is no fee for the walk.

May 13 - Bloomington Visitor Center
May 15 - Louisville Swamp Unit
May 16 - Bass Ponds
These walks begin at 8:00 am.

MRVAC Field Trips:
May 9 - Carver Park Reserve
May 14 - Ritter Farm Park - 8:30 am - Led by Cheri Fox
For more information on these walks please contact me.
952-240-7647

Craig Mandel
Hennepin County - Minnetonka
EgretCMan at msn.com