[Mnbird] Kellogg Weaver Sand Dunes

Pat Pagel wabashapat at gmail.com
Tue May 2 18:41:16 CDT 2017

Things were pretty quiet in the dunes on this dark, damp, cold morning.
But I did see a couple FOYs.  Eastern Meadowlarks, Field Sparrows, and
Chipping Sparrows were the main attractions in the Dunes.  But in the
Nature Conservancy area, I had a couple lovely Eastern Towhees and a
beautiful Brown Thrasher.  There was a Palm Warbler and, of course, many
Yellow-Rumped.  The Swans in the Whitewater WMA are still on nest.  I'm
wondering if someone can confirm for me if they are Trumpeter Swans.  I see
no yellow at all on the bill.  Otherwise, just a few ducks - Wood Ducks,
Blue-Winged Teal, Green-Winged Teal, Mallards, and Canada Geese.  I heard
Sandhill Cranes everywhere I went.  Tomorrow should be a much nicer day to
be out!!
Pat Pagel
Wabasha, MN