[Mnbird] Yellow Rumped (Myrtle) Warblers on Suet

Philip Frazier fraphi at bethel.edu
Tue May 2 07:19:28 CDT 2017

Just south of Rogers, Mn near Crow Hassan Park I have had a flock of 10 -
12 Myrtle Warblers feeding daily on suet (pure beef suet from Byerly's) for
the past 5 days. I assume it is the same flock, though possibly some are
passing through. I have Pileated, and all the other smaller Woodpeckers,
(Downy, Hairy, Red Bellied, Flickers) feeding regularly at the same suet
along with Chickadees, Nuthatches, Bluejays, Starlings feeding at the same
feeder. The Warblers are on the ground under three Black Oiler Sunflower
feeders, but focus on the suet feeder. This is unusual behavior to me.
Anyone else experience warblers on suet before?
Philip Frazier