[Mnbird] birding in Hawaii

Pamela Freeman gleskarider at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 13:12:22 CST 2017

We did, December before this past one, and did a Rainforest/Dryforest trip
that was fantastic. Saw some good birds and fantastic habitat/flora, too.
Nice hikes. It wasn't too strenuous, but, the footing is very uneven, due
to the lava bedrock that you walk on.
It was through this company, which does the tour you are doing, so maybe
the same one? They were excellent.
https://www.hawaii-forest.com/tour_category/hawaii-birdwatching-tours/
Our guide was quite good, and helpful to those on the tour who had trouble
identifying birds and knowing how to look for them. He was able to point
out facts about them such as how they got there, their habitat, how they
are changing due to habitat changing, how they are threatened, what their
habits are. We greatly enjoyed our time with them.

Have fun!

Pamela Freeman

- Pamela
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to
accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Unknown

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
― Aldo Leopold
I am one who cannot.