[Mnbird] Seeking Old Binocs for Kids in Need

Amy Simso Dean mamabirdmn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 10:54:57 CDT 2017

Hello MN birders,

I am still collected for binoculars for youth in Azerbaijan.

People have already generously donated 4 pair and $50. Another pair came to me broken but I’m hoping for an easy repair, and I have one pair maybe in the works.

If you have an old pair sitting around you’d be willing to donate, or if you’d like to donate some funds to help with shipping or purchasing, please email me at M <mailto:ASimsoDean at gmail.com>amabirdmn at gmail.com. It’s not tax deductible, but it is for a great cause.

I’m coordinating this effort with a gentleman in Sweden whose organization helps support nature programs in developing nations…
"Several projects are running in developing countries where we have enthusiastic young naturalists but they lack equipment such as binos. I lead one such initiative in Azerbaijan where the binos on the photo would make a HUGE difference, if they or others are available…?”

Thank you to the admin for letting me post this to this group.

Happy Birding!
Amy Simso Dean
MYBirdClub
Minneapolis