[Mnbird] Hennepin County - MVNWR - Old Cedar Avenue Bridge - April 10, 2017

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Mon Apr 10 12:56:08 CDT 2017

4/10/2017

Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge

Long Meadow Lake Unit

Old Cedar Avenue Bridge Trailhead

Waterfowl continues in good numbers on Long Meadow Lake and there was also a mixed flock of Kinglets and Yellow-rumped Warblers.  There was also a female Black Scoter present on Long Meadow Lake.  The bird was observed out from the observation deck.  Here are a few of species we observed and note a complete can be found on Cornels EBird web site:

Northern Shoveler - Still present in large numbers

Canvasback

Redhead

Lesser Scaup

Black Scoter - Single female bird present on Long Meadow Lake

Ruddy Duck

Horned Grebe

Bonaparte's Gull - Flyover

Eastern Phoebe

Tree Swallow

Brown Creeper

Ruby-crowned Kinglet

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Fox Sparrow

Swamp Sparrow

Here are the dates of a few of my upcoming walks.

April 11 - Rapids Lake Unit - Visitor Center
April 15 - Old Cedar Ave. Bridge
April 17 - Old Cedar Ave. Bridge
April 24 - Rapids Lake Unit - Visitor Center
April 29 - Old Cedar Ave. Bridge
These walks begin at 8:00 am.

MRVAC Field Trips:
April 13 - Isanti County Birding Day
May 4, 5 - SE Minnesota Birding Days
May 9 - Carver Park Reserve
For more information on these walks please contact me at: 952-240-7647

Craig Mandel

Minnetonka - Hennepin County

EgretCMan at msn.com