[Mnbird] Surprise Visitors

Brian and Cindy bcdrill at charter.net
Fri Apr 7 16:29:42 CDT 2017

Good afternoon--looked out at the front feeder station this afternoon
and thought--Hey! Those aren't House Finches!  Believe it or not, a male
and female purple finch were enjoying sunflower seeds.  I haven't seen
them at the house in several years.

Spring silliness, a robin has been coming in the yard every morning
lately to check on that 'other robin' that lives in our patio door.  I
have no idea when it will give up the battle to drive it from the yard.
It is pretty persistent.

Goldfinches are yellowing up nicely--Cindy in North Mankato

---