[Mnbird] Flood birds

Al Batt snoeowl at aol.com
Thu Oct 6 23:23:02 CDT 2016

  Now that the flood waters have subsided and my yard is blooming in Blue Jays and White-throated Sparrows, I take the time to reflect on things seen recently. I watched Franklin’s and Ring-billed Gulls feeding upon earthworms forced from their homes by deep water in Waseca. The sight gave me a sudden urge for gummy worms. I thought of something the old football coach, Darrell Royal said, "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn’t eat ‘em."
  A young Bald Eagle caught fish in the parking lot of Godfather’s in Albert Lea. The restaurant has reopened and the eagle fishes elsewhere.

Al Batt
Hartland, MN