[Mnbird] MRVAC Program this Thursday: Larry Sirvio "Birding Guatemala

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 18 17:34:07 CDT 2016

*Birding Guatemala*
*Presented by Larry Sirvio*
Thursday March 24, 2016 @ 7:30 pm

Guatemala is an attractive birding destination with more than 720 bird
species and a high diversity of ecosystems. Guided by Guatemalan resident
Knut
Eisermann, we spent several days in the highlands followed by 3 days in the
tropical lowlands of Tikal, perhaps the best spot I’ve ever seen for
birding. The last
few days were spent in southern coastal wetlands which featured good rum
drinks as well as some interesting shorebirds and a resident pygmy-owl.
.
*When: * Please join us from 7:00-7:30 pm to socialize over cookies. A
brief business meeting and the featured speaker begin at 7:30 pm. The
meeting will conclude before 9:00 pm.
*Where:* Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center
3801 American Blvd E, Bloomington.
Enter through the staff door in the middle of the building.
>From Hwy 494 to 34th Ave – S to American Blvd; turn left and go 2 blocks.
Center will be on your right. Also accessible via the Hiawatha Light Rail
line; exit at the American Blvd. stop.

*Our meetings are free and open to the public. Seating is limited.*
Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
sweston2 at comcast.net