[Mnbird] Lyon County

mairi doerr dancingwindsfarmstay at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:22:16 CST 2016

          I experienced the unmistakable call of a SANDHILL CRANE this
morning (3-4-16) as I walked my dog. What a wonderful sight!
          It was a lone Sandhill Crane flying South from Lake Byllesby's
Public Landing on the Western shore in Goodhue County...just southeast of
Mn Hwy #56 and town of Randolph. My instinct is there are more gathered at
the mouth of the Cannon River and Lake Byllesby.
          And then.......it started snowing! Oh well, still......a hopeful
sign of SPRING!
Mairi Doerr