[Mnbird] Birding about the Metro

Ellen Lowery elowerybird at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 12:57:50 CDT 2016

I usually have Wood ducks and Mallards nest in my little drainage pond.  Mortality is pretty high.  One year I observed that a Mallard seemed to have corralled a  Wood duckling with her own ducklings while a distressed Wood duck hen stayed close by without any ducklings in tow.  It appeared that she wanted her duckling back.