[Mnbird] More on Back from Duluth

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 10 11:02:56 CST 2016

While we were loitering at Reagent and 44th in Duluth waiting for the
Golden-crowned Sparrow as fans for a stage star at the back door of the
theater, we did have a few interactions with the "locals".
The mother who lived on the block did not know and had not seen the bird,
but was not at all disturbed by the groups of binoculared loiterers outside
her door.  She did direct us to the house at the corner as where she
observed the watchers watching.

A motorist stopped his car to inquire what the four or us with our
binoculars were looking for.  He lived in the neighborhood, but had not
heard anything about the sparrow.

And, as two young women walked by, one was heard to comment to the other,
"I thought the white gull was down by lake."

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
sweston2 at comcast.net