[Mnbird] FM Audubon Weekend Trip

Matthew Mecklenburg matthew.mecklenburg at ndsu.edu
Mon Feb 29 09:16:57 CST 2016

Hi All,

Below is a report of the highlights from the trip our Fargo/Moorhead Audubon group took Friday evening and Saturday, Feb 27/28 to Roseau and Lake of the Woods counties. Beautiful weather, great birds!

Good Birding

Matt Mecklenburg

Clay County

ROSEAU COUNTY:
North of Roseau off of 310:
2 Great Gray Owl
1 Northern Hawk Owl
1 adult male Snowy Owl
Northern Shrike
Gray Jay
Pine Grosbeak
Ruffed Grouse
Bald Eagle
Pileated Woodpecker
BB Magpie
Common Redpoll

Snow Bunting

Sprague Creek Road:
5 Spruce Grouse.

Gray Jay

Roseau CR28:
Great Horned Owl.

A few miles east of Roseau on CR11 (near 440th Ave): Another adult male Snowy Owl.

West of Roseau-Sharp-Tailed Grouse

Beltrami Island SF ( Roseau County), on Thompson Forest Road approx. 1.8 miles east of Bemis Hill Campground, we walked a trail to the south and found:
2 Black-backed WP (a male and a female).
Bald eagle flyover
Northern Goshawk flyover

LAKE OF THE WOODS COUNTY:
Norris Camp: